09 March, 2013

Phase 3: Re-Editing

I've recently stumbled upon a website that talks about the Publishing Industry, and found that the idea of submitting my manuscript to a publisher directly was more appealing than self-publishing. This doesn't mean, however, that I'll be published right away either.

Publishers take the best works they receive and push them out into the market. Sparrow will be the first book I've ever sent off professionally, which is what I've decided to do.

Once spring break is over, March 31st, I'll be gearing up Sparrow to be sent off to DAW Books, an imprint of Penguin Books. DAW publishes a lot of science fiction and fantasy novels, which Sparrow incorporates. There's werewolves, a mystical island, scientific experiments, and sword fighting. Sparrow, on Wattpad, will be available until the day I mail the manuscript to DAW. As of right now, and my schedule I've just made, I should finish the re-editing process on March 22. That's thirteen days from now, my dears. I am officially on a deadline.

It feels exhilerating, to say the least.

I must make this short, because of this deadline, and will treat you tomorrow to a special surprise!

Lots of love from the War of the Moons Headquarters,

Anastasia Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment